When you watch this video, put on your critical thinking cap and consider the following questions:
- Are all birds equally important?
- Just because no power plant operates 100% of the time every year, does that mean that all of them are “intermittent” sources of power?
- Do you like the scale of the environmental impact pictured in the clips with off-shore installations, pumped storage systems, and ridge line wind farms?
- How fast to the ends of the blades of a slowly rotating turbine with 90 meter blades move?
- Why might the birds and bats killed by wind turbines be more important than the birds and bats killed by tall steel and glass office buildings?
I am looking forward to the discussion.