Dan Yurman of Idaho Samizdat and Rod Adams chat about nuclear news from India, Idaho, Kentucky, Germany, Scotland, and Vermont
Dan Yurman and I had a great time on November 21 talking about a number of different nuclear news items including a large new power plant deal in India for Russian reactors, Dan’s first hand report of a GNEP meeting held in Idaho Falls, Kentucky’s energy plan that includes nuclear power and coal to liquids, RWE’s interest in new nuclear plants for the Baltic states and Eastern Europe, and Vermont Yankee controversies.
Here are some links that you might find useful if you want to do more research on the topics covered:
- Lithuania nuclear shutdown information
- Gerhard Schroeder’s Sellout
- Gerhard Schroeder wikipedia page
- Gerhard Schroeder’s Answers.com biography
- Old King Coal’s Comeback in Scotland
- RWE nuclear expansion projects
- Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear’s energy plans
- International Herald Tribune – NRG rejects Exelon takeover bid
- Vermont Yankee Protest clears Public Service Board offices
- Feasibility study for new nuclear power plant in New Brunswick
Please consider carefully the TPN pledge drive and give generously to help support continued availability of independent media.