In this July 30, 2009 video from CleanSkies.com titled T. Boone Pickens Previews the National Clean Energy Summit 2.0 there are some thought provoking statements, especially if you are a cynic who believes that the energy establishment would love to make nuclear energy disappear from the conversation.
If you listen closely, you will hear T. Boone Pickens express the following opinions without being challenged by the interviewer:
- There is only one choice for future fuel – natural gas.
- There should be a mandate forcing new semi tractor trailers to be powered with natural gas.
- The government should consider subsidizing the $65,000 cost differential between a gas powered truck and a diesel powered truck.
- When natural gas costs less than $7.00 per million BTU, financing dries up for wind turbines.
- Natural gas will cost more than $7.00 per million BTU by the time that he needs to start taking delivery of his turbines in 2011.
- When it comes to energy issues, Senator Harry Reid is a friend.
If you happen to live near Las Vegas and have some free time on August 10, please try to attend the National Clean Energy Summit 2.0 and aggressively work to prevent nuclear energy from being dismissed from the conversation.