Jaco Kriek has been the CEO of PBMR Pty LTD of South Africa for five years. On July 7, 2009 he spoke with me for nearly an hour about a wide range of topics.
The topics we discussed included the following:
- History of PBMR as a stand alone company
- Change in technical direction
- Customer focused design efforts
- Licensing challenges for unfamiliar nuclear technology
- Potential for process heat supply market
- Interest from petrochemical industry
- Interest from American company talking about unit volumes in the thousands
- PBMR as a national technical asset for South Africa
Hope you enjoy the conversation as much as I did. PBMR has a unique role in the nuclear industry and might be pointing the way to new sources of revenues and new customers that have never before considered using atomic fission as their heat source.